I am a Vietnamese travelling to the UAE on holiday. Do I need a visa?


I am a Vietnamese citizen travelling to the UAE on a business trip. Do I need a visa?


I am not a Vietnamese citizen but I live in Vietnam. Do I need a visa to travel to the UAE?

Maybe. In depends on your nationality. Please see the Visa section on this website.

Can I enter the UAE with my stepchildren without their biological parent?

Yes, with written proof of parental responsibility.

Can I enter the UAE with my grandchildren?

Yes, with written approval from a parent or guardian.

My children have a different surname to mine; do I need a proof of parental responsibility in order to enter the UAE?

It would be advisable.

I want to work in the UAE; how can I obtain a work permit?

You will need to be sponsored by an employer.

What is the minimum validity period that I need to have in my passport?

Six months, beyond the end of your intended stay. If you hold a residence permit, your passport must be valid for at least three months in order to travel in and out of the country.

I want to go to study in the UAE; how can I obtain a student visa?

Contact the consulate here.

What is legalisation?

Please see the legalisation section on this website.

Are there any restrictions on single women travelling to the UAE?


Is it safe for a single woman to travel to the UAE?

Yes. The UAE is one of the safest countries in the world.

Is it legal to share a hotel room in the UAE with my partner if I am unmarried?


Is kissing and holding hands appropriate in public?

As in all Muslim countries public displays of affection are considered disrespectful and may lead to a police caution or even arrest.

I am a Vietnamese national who lives in Vietnam. Can I get married in the UAE?

Yes. But you should contact the Vietnam Embassy or Consulate in the UAE.

Is my marriage certificate going to be valid in Vietnam if I get married in the UAE?

Yes, if it is properly legalized. Check with the local Vietnam Embassy or Consulate.

I have a Vietnam Driving Licence; can I drive in the UAE?

Vietnam Driving Licence holders can drive hire cars only.

Can I drive a private vehicle on my Vietnam Driving Licence in the UAE?

No, but you can obtain a temporary UAE driving licence for 6 months even if you are not resident. This can be arranged at the Traffic Police Office in each Emirate.

Is healthcare free for foreigners in the UAE?

No. If you require medical treatment you or your travel insurance company will need to cover the costs.

What medication am I allowed to bring into the UAE?

Some prescribed and over the counter medicines that are available in the Vietnam are controlled substances in the UAE. Such medication is not allowed into the UAE without prior permission from the UAE Ministry of Health. Check the list of prohibited medication via http://www.moh.gov.ae/en/

What are the restrictions on drink driving in the UAE?

There is zero tolerance approach to drink driving. Convictions will lead to fines and stiff penalties. Being drunk in public is also a punishable offence.

What happens if I am found in possession of illegal drugs?

The penalties for drug trafficking, smuggling and possession, of even residual amounts, are severe.

What is the most appropriate dress code in public for the UAE?

A modest dress code should be followed in public places.

I am a Christian but wish to visit some mosques in the UAE. Is that possible?

Visits to mosques can be easily arranged through your tour operator or hotel. Just make sure you are appropriately dressed.

I am a non-Muslim and visiting the UAE during the month of Ramadan; is it ok for me to eat and drink in public places?

During Ramadan all Muslims fast from sunrise to sunset. Eating, drinking and smoking in public areas during daylight hours should be avoided. However, hotels provide meals at restaurants that are not exposed to the public view in the fasting hours.

What are the UAE Public Holidays for 2011?

1st January_____________________New Year’s day
15th February___________________Mawlid Al Nabee (Birth of the Prophet)
29th June______________________Al Isra’Wal Miraj (Ascensions of the Prophet)
30th, 31st, 1st & 2nd Aug/Sep______Eid Al Fitr (End of Ramadan
5th November___________________Arefat Day
6th, 7th and 8th November________Eid Al Adha (Feast of the Sacrifice)
26th November__________________Al Hijra (Islamic New Year)
2nd December___________________UAE National Day

Religious festival and holidays are based on the lunar Islamic Hijri calendar and dates can vary slightly as they depend upon the sighting of the new moon.

I am a student and wish to do a project on the UAE; where can I find some promotional material?

Explore the useful links listed on this website. Or contact our Information Department via hanoi@mofa.gov.ae

We are organizing a cultural event; can the Embassy supply us with any promotional material?

Yes. Our Information and Resources Department can provide you with complimentary general information on the UAE. Send your request to hanoi@mofa.gov.vn

How do I set up a business in the UAE?

See the Business and Trade section of this website for general information. Contact the local Chamber of Commerce in the relevant emirate for specific information.

What are the business working hours in the UAE?

Many businesses work on a two shift system (for example, 8am - 1pm and 4pm - 7pm). As in all Muslim countries, Friday is the weekly day of rest. The weekend for office workers was traditionally Thursday afternoon and Friday, but a growing number of organizations have changed over to a five day week with Friday and Saturday as the weekend. During the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, normal working hours are reduced by two to three hours per day.

Do I have to pay income tax in the UAE?

No, you do not. The UAE does not have any federal income tax on salaries.

Where can I find recent press releases or statements?

In the news section of this website.

My company is sending me to do some commercial filming in the UAE. Where can I find out about a filming permit and obtain press credentials?

You should contact:
The National Media council
P.O. Box 3790, Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates
Tel: 011-971-2 445-2922
Fax: 011-971-2- 445-0458
Email: Info@extinfo.gov.ae

Are there any student exchange or Arabic programmes in the UAE?

Contact the Education Department at the Embassy.

I am a qualified teacher in Vietnam; can I apply for the job in the UAE educational institutions?

That will depend on the institution and your qualifications. Contact the institution concerned.

I wish to study at the university in the UAE; is my degree going to be recognized when I return to live in Vietnam?


New Question

yes it is new without any translation